Wednesday, March 22, 2006

"God sets obvious limitations on our intelligence, but none what-so-ever on our stupidity"
-- Fr. John Corapi

Tonight, I found out that I was going to be the Youth Group representative for the pie throwing fundraiser we are having in my Parish.
Yes, me a lowly volunteer Adult Youth Minister, is going to have pies thrown at me for a nominal fee, it just makes you feel loved. Of course when they told me of the idea they didn't mention that I would be one of the targets. I backed the idea when the Youth Director, Derek (from Musings from Memphis fame), told me about it, he said that he would be the target representing the Youth Group, but as things turn out it will be me. Oh cursed day.

Tell you the truth I could care less, matter of fact I think it will be pretty fun to take pies for the team. And besides it goes towards the Youth Group going to Sydney, Australia in 2008 to see the Pope at World Youth Day. I've gone to two WYDs and loved every moment of each trip and can't wait to go to Sydney.

1 comment:

Derek Rotty said...

I was joking about you taking pies in the face, although you can if you like.