Tuesday, July 11, 2006

"No Pain, No Gain.
No Cross, No Crown.
No Gall, No Glory."
-- William Penn

In my time away, I've been a bit busy, between moving and trips it's been somewhat eventful. One of the first things that happened was I went to visit my family in West Chester, OH and while I was there my mother and I when to see Fr. John Corapi speak. And if you haven't heard of Fr. Corapi or even heard him speak on TV or Radio or even live I would recommend that you get wit the program. His ministry is very powerful and his personality is very in your face, he is one of the most hardcore preachers I have ever listened to, and his weapon of choice, The TRUTH.

He spoke about Spirtiual warfare, for those of you who have heard Fr. Corapi speak you know it is one of his favorite subjects. He encouraged, nay, commanded us to learn our faith. He discussed our role in the on going battle between good and evil in the battle for souls. He spoke on the importance of being in a state of grace, to be fit for battle and if one is not in a state of grace that person is either on the sidelines or on the wrong side.

Fr. Corapi spoke about the importance of knowing our weapons and the weapons of the enemy. Our greatest weapon is prayer and there is no better prayer than that of the Rosary. Again, he commanded (not encouraged) us to pray the Rosary everyday and when we think that we are too busy, he asks the question "Are you busier than the Pope?" he says his Rosary everyday, all 20 mysteries. He described the Rosary as the prayer of the Gospel (Gospel = Good News = Jesus Christ).

There was sooooooo much Truth packed into one day, it was like watching 4 weeks of EWTN in one day, and it was soooooooooooooooooooo worth it.

Again I ask for your prayers, and I ask that you pray for our preists, and pray for our preists, and one more thing pray for our preists (it's kinda important). Thank you and God bless.

PS. If there is any one who is reading this stuff, I would greatly appreciate it if you would give me a comment or two so that I know that i'm not just talking into space, thanks again.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That quote is actually originally from William Penn, not Fr. Corapi

Matt Hudson said...

Thanks for the correction, I've never read or heard anything from William Penn and Fr. Corapi was the only person I had heard say this particular line. The fact that William Penn initiated the line doesn't make it any less true, but now this blog can be that much more accurate, and again I thank you.

Matt

Micki said...

I was just guided by another blogger to your OLD blog. If you are still around, I'd like to let you know that your words still make a difference. I truly wish you still had an active blog to share your wisdom, humor, and love of our Lord.