Monday, April 03, 2006

"We can't let our future become our past,
If we are to change the world,
Won't you tell me, tell me please,
How many miles must we march"
-- Ben Harper, "How Many Miles Must We March"

Another awesome day at the GAP presentation. Today, instead of trying to talk between the pro-abortionists and the GAP reps, I spent my time near the GAP presentation talking with those who came up to the barriers. I had several conversations with pro-lifers that liked the project and other pro-lifers that thought that the pictures were brutal. I tried to spend most of my time talking with those people that were either indifferent to the topic or those pro-abortionists that came over to either criticize the project or argue their point-of-view.

All in all I think that the project was successful because of the people that we spoke to either had a change of heart or they were left defending a broken position, only held up by their stubbornness. The only difficulty that I had was dealing with the statement "we'll have to agree to disagree." I don't particularity enjoy arguing with people but today it was different because I spoke my peace and they countered with their point-of-view and, in most cases, I showed the flaw in the their thought, and say that blasted phrase.

I could tell they knew what I was saying was right by their body language, whether it be a calming face or a once intuitive stare fall into a blank look of realization, but what they said totally went against what they were feeling, they either ended the conversation and walked away or said the phrase above, "we'll just have to agree to disagree."

This experience was great and if anybody gets a chance to go to one I strongly recommend it. Again, for more info go to http://www.abortionno.org, they also have pictures and movies about what they do.

Later days, all

No comments: