Monday, April 24, 2006

Where to begin, well, why not Holy week?

Ok, Holy Week was busy, awesome, and the work was completely worth it. It all started at the Chrism Mass. This was the first Chrism Mass that I have been to and if there is one thing that I will never forget it is the freakin' ridiculously large amount of priests there. Of course this is the mass where the priests of the diocese give their obedience to the bishop, but it was still cool to see all those priests under the same roof. I was not only amazed at the number of priests that were there but the number of priests that I new that were there, I didn't realize that I got around Memphis as well as I did. The priest that stuck out the most was Fr. Robert Marshall. Fr. Marshall used to be the Associate Pastor at my Parish and I hadn't seen him since my senior year in high school and the last time we spoke he was under the impression that I was leaving Memphis for Cincinnati, and that was 4 years ago. Wow.
Another thing that stuck out in the mass was my friend Robbie, who is a seminarian, was the person in charge of carrying the HUGE OIL VAT off the alter. I couldn't help but pray to myself that he would not drop the vat, and alass he carried them successfully. Whew.
The next few posts will be catch up posts, because I'm soooo behind.
Thanks for reading, I'll try to keep you posted, Later days,
Matt

No comments: